Morning- or should I say afternoon!
As the sun peeked through, I couldn’t leave the comfort of my beautiful “coachella” blanket. So what did I do? I vegged. I finished the remaining episodes of 13 Reasons Why on Netflix. Left with no choice (or episodes), I finally got it together and voila! It’s noon.
Today is Jelly’s baptism. I have never been to one but I don’t think that is expected. I am not a religious person. Regardless, I am excited to celebrate Jelly’s big day. It’s nice to make someone happy.
Figuring I am going as the +1, I should probably bring something useful. Because if you don’t already know, Mexicans throw the best parties. There’s bachata and of course… lots and lots of Mexican food.
Just give me a tamale in one hand, and I’ll hold your hand with the other.
Plus, Jelly is so cute, so shy and quiet, and always next to her daddy. She should be given sweets just for being so sweet. Check out this combo of sweet and savory (inspired by Panera’s strawberry salad).
Strawberry Cheddar Cupcakes
makes 12 cupcakes
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup almond milk
1 stick of melted butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup chopped strawberries
1/2 cup grated white Aged Cheddar
1/8 cup chia seeds
1 jar of any frosting
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugar and eggs until foamy. Stir in the vanilla, milk and butter to the same bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Mix in the chopped strawberries. After well combined, mix in grated cheddar.
- Sprinkle in the chia seeds to mixing bowl and stir.
- Scoop batter into lined cupcake tin.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool.
- Frost the cupcakes with the frosting of your choice.