I have been having an urge to eat less meat. It really helps my digestion, and for me, feeling light. I loosely use the Blood Type Diet as a guide, which in my case says to eat less meat.
The Blood Type Diet is a diet, where certain foods are suggested for particular blood types. I really think it has some bearing, but it could be a placebo effect. I mean when the guide tells me to eat more vegetables and less meat, it is nothing new.
One thing I did discover though is I don’t digest cheese (and alcohol boooo!) well. However, I am never giving that up, especially when I see cheese everyday. No siree.
To counteract the cheese “samples” I take at work, I compensate with a vegan meal at night. It tasted really good. I wish my pictures would capture how delicious it is. Unfortunately, I cook when I get home from work; there is little natural light at that point.
With further Ado, give this recipe a try.
makes 4 servings
1 cup lentils
3 cups water
1 tbs oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 package of Green Giants seasoned broccoli
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
1 tbs curry powder
2 tbs Garam Masala
- Boil water in medium pot.
- Throw in lentils and simmer until lentils are tender (about 25 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, throw in the oil, onion, broccoli, curry powder and Garam Masala. Stir-fry until onions are translucent.
- Pour in tomato sauce and simmer. Stir frequently.
- Once lentils are done, drain excess water.
- Mix lentils into saucepan. Stir to fully cover lentils with sauce.
- Serve hot.