Mr. Lumberjack and I bond in the kitchen. We have our tested moments in the kitchen, especially when one of us just stands and watch the other. I stand and watch him as he cooks meat and he watches me with the baking.
We try not to yell, but we can see the frustration in the other’s face. When we make it out without an argument, we become closer.
It’s strange but that is how we do it.
Tonight, we decided to do the baked chicken nuggets. Mr. Lumberjack ad hoc the chicken pieces, while I seasoned the breading. Then, I breaded it while he worked grated zucchini for zucchini bread. Teamwork!
The nuggets turned out great and I improvised on the seasoning. That never turns out for me. Read below for my measurements, but of course, create as you wish.
Baked Chicken Nuggets
Makes 4-6 servings
- 2.5-3 lbs of thawed chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cup Italian Seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tbs Italian seasoning
- 2 tbs rosemary
- 1 1/2 tbs red chilli flakes
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 4 tbs Trader Joe’s jalapeno hot pepper sauce
- 4 tbs Ketchup
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut the chicken breast into even pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, mix bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, rosemary, chilli flakes, salt, pepper.
- Take a chicken piece and dip into melted butter.
- Put the chicken piece into the mixing bowl and fully coat the chicken.
- Lay the chicken pieces on the baking sheet. Do not overlap the chicken.
- Bake chicken for 20 minutes in the middle rack of the oven.
- Mix the hot sauce and ketchup, and serve with the nuggets.